Sr. Software Engineer–Data Platform
Job Description for Senior Software Engineer – Data Platform
Job Status: Exempt, Full Time
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Gray Matter Analytics is a rapidly growing early-stage company headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York. Gray Matter Analytics Value-Based Care (VBC) Analytics Solutions provide value in three distinct ways.
- We partner with customers to deliver tailored solutions to optimize value-based care performance through our advisory and implementation services.
- We leverage a catalog of measure calculations and advanced analytic models, together with predictive insights to accelerate value through our business solution accelerators.
- Our solutions are delivered using our cloud-native, highly configurable CoreTechs®
We transform healthcare organizations into data and insights-driven enterprises. We bring the right insights to the right stakeholder at the right time to improve decision making and outcomes, and lower cost, improve quality and enhance VBC performance.
The Senior Software Engineer – Data Platform will be a member of CoreTechs® team reporting to the Director of Engineering. As a member of the team building the CoreTechs® product and deploying it for our clients, the Software Engineer will focus on designing and engineering the core engines and pipeline supporting the data flow in CoreTechs®.
Essential Job Functions
- Write clean, concise, maintainable code and tests for the data pipeline (data pipeline and security)
- Drive automation and productization at every step from code to deploy
- Actively participate in team code reviews and enforce quality standards
- Promote and enforce good practices in development and operations
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses in the platform architecture
- Design and document new features/capabilities of the platform
- Refine, when appropriate, the architecture and technology components
- Offer mentoring and feedback on design, development and documentation for the team
- Enhance and extend CoreTechs® standard data schema and structure in alignment with the product roadmap
- Contribute to the growth of the product and organization
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- Bachelors in a CS-related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience (Healthcare solutions focused experience is a plus)
- Extensive understanding of product/application designs and software development
- Agile development experience
- Inquisitive on Data and Analytics technologies and trends – current on new ideas and tools
- Programming / Scripting (Python, Scala, Bash, Korn Shell)
- Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Data Concepts deep knowledge (near-/real-time streaming, data ingestion, data transformations, data structures, metadata, master data, data flow management)
- Databases (SQL and NoSQL data bases)
- Markup Languages (JSON, XML)
- Code Management Tools (Git/GitHub)
- Deployment, Containerization, Workflow experience is a plus: (Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow)
- Requirements management and agile tools: (Jira)
Gray Matter Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gray Matter Analytics does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.