Content Development Manager
Job Description for Content Development Manager
Job Status: Exempt, Full Time
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing
Primary Job Function:
The Content Development Manager contributes to Gray Matter Analytics’ continued growth and success by developing and managing the corporate communications strategy using a variety of media and content platforms (white papers, articles, blogs, presentations, videos, collateral and other marketing materials) that support brand building goals. Responsible for content development that supports sales, demand generation and thought leadership targets. Develop strategic plan for external communications, with the goal of increasing brand awareness to support business development and increase market share/share of voice.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify target audiences and develop communication that will engage and create interest with the audience, and deliver messages that will support and build the business and create goodwill with customers and employees.
- Work with public relations firm to ensure consistent messaging and brand alignment across all audiences.
- Maintain knowledge of company and external events or issues for which a company position should be leveraged.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop compelling stories, case studies and thought leadership materials to showcase Gray Matter products and customers; identify the most effective messaging, value proposition, channels and calls to action.
- Partner with Services and Solutions team to ensure quality lead delivery and proper follow-up; build a consistent feedback loop and continuously improve and optimize lead hand-off processes in conjunction with the Services and Solutions team.
- Research healthcare marketing trends, government regulations, potential clients and competitors in the market.
- Monitor market activity of current and prospective clients and assist sales teams in providing marketing materials (collateral, decks, graphics, etc.) as needed.
- Oversee the content lifecycle: Update existing content as needed and retire outdated content.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies Required for Position:
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of English grammar and a familiarity with AP Style
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a cross-functional environment and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Problem-solving, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Self-directed, team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Highly motivated and willing to work within a fast-paced environment with an innate sense of urgency.
Education/Computer Proficiency Requirements
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in a content development role, preferably in multi-platform environments with a broad range of content styles (long form, short form, blogs, video, etc.)
- Experience in healthcare/healthcare information technology industries required.
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office suite, e-mail marketing programs and social media channels.
- Experience with e-mail marketing automation systems, i.e. HubSpot, Marketo, Salesforce.com, etc. a plus.