Gray Matter Analytics is seeking a Business Analyst — Data Analytics |Healthcare to join our growing Advisory Services Team.
WHO WE ARE Gray Matter Analytics is a team of entrepreneurial business strategists and healthcare industry leaders focused on building actionable data-driven insights through the use of advanced analytics capabilities delivered through the cloud. Our team is uniquely positioned to deliver value to our clients with strong expertise in key domains including clinical, healthcare operations, finance, technology as well as data management, data analytics and data science.
WHAT WE DO We transform healthcare organizations into data and insights-driven enterprises. Using descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics, we develop evidence-based insights and recommendations that enable healthcare organizations to be proactive in reducing costs and increasing efficiency while enhancing quality and improving outcomes. We bring the right insights to the right stakeholder at the right time to improve decision making abilities.
HOW DO WE DO IT Through our proprietary CoreTechs® Analytics as a Service (AaaS) suite of solutions, we deliver enhanced analytic capabilities across the full value-chain to facilitate payer and provider collaboration and support the transition to value-based care. Our solutions enable healthcare organizations to maximize the value of their data assets faster and with less investment than conventional approaches. We utilize an end-to-end approach with integrated advisory services to ensure our Clients fully realize the value of their investment in advanced data analytics solutions.
- Elicit requirements on multiple projects utilizing interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, survey, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and able to properly prioritize user requests based on business needs.
- Creative solving of technical problems-to ensure the translation of technical requirement test plans
- Accurately translate customer requirements to the development team in a clear, concise manner.
- Create and update requirements, procedures, processes and project deliverables.
- Adhere to standards defined by project management and effectively utilize methodology and tools.
- Participate in the development solutions to non-recurring problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data; develop alternative solutions while identifying risks and benefits.
- Present and explain software requirements to different groups of users including engineering teams and business stakeholders
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- Professional experience with operational process mapping and performance improvement
- Professional experience with healthcare cost reduction planning and implementation
- Excellent undergraduate academic record (GPA 3.5+)
- Advanced degree in business or health care-related field (e.g., MHA, MBA, MPH) from a top tier program
- Professional competence in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and communication skill
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Sense of responsibility to self, team, and client
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Prior Experience in working on projects using Scrum is beneficial
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Must have the ability to explain complex business flows and system functionality (Systems Analysis and Design perspective).
Gray Matter Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gray Matter Analytics does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.APPLY